INVOLVED IN AN AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT?
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention claims auto accidents are one of the top causes of death for Americans. In 2009, more than 2.3 million adults were treated in emergency hospitals as a result of being injured in an auto accident. Nationally, more than 30,000 people are killed yearly in car collisions. Sadly, this means motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of death in young people ages 5 to 34. Car accidents are also among the top ten causes of death for all ages. (CDC)
Florida law requires licensed drivers to have vehicle insurance. When another driver is at fault in an accident, it is likely their insurance company will cover your damages. However, filing a claim and receiving appropriate compensation is becoming increasingly difficult.
WE DEFEND YOUR RIGHTS WITH NO ADDITIONAL FEES REQUIRED
It is upsetting to see how many people faithfully pay their auto insurance company every month just to have their carrier pay them as little as possible. This includes uninsured motorist claims against their own carrier. It’s even worse when a driver’s own insurance company acts negligently, since you are supposed to be a valued customer.
At Jerry Jaramillo & Associates, we have over 20 years of experience fighting for auto insurance claims. Over the years, we have seen how common it is for an insurance company to betray their policyholders and act in their own self-interest. It is a poor business model for the policyholder to have a company that collects your premiums but doesn’t pay your entitled compensation.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?
- Take photographs of the scene where the incident occurred.
- Call 911 and wait for the police to arrive on scene so that they may properly document the incident.
- Make sure to get a copy of the “Driver Exchange of Information” (if auto accident). This is typically filled out by the police officer on scene and contains vital information about the accident such as the at-fault driver’s name, address, and insurance information
- Do NOT leave the scene (if auto accident) without the at-fault driver’s name, license plate number, and insurance information – Even if you feel the damage to your car was minimal or you are not in pain at the scene, you must always get the other driver’s information. There may be internal damage to your vehicle that may not reveal itself right away. Further, there may be physical injury to your body that may not reveal itself to you right away. An accident is a traumatic event. Traumatic events typically cause us to an experience an adrenaline rush which masks the symptoms of physical injury, the primary symptom being pain. Often, victims of accidents do not feel pain at the scene right away. Instead, later that day, the next morning, or even later that week (or month), may be when victims first begin to feel pain, after the adrenaline rush finally wears off.
- If physically injured, seek medical attention right away. Even if you do not feel pain at the scene, you owe it to yourself to get checked out by a doctor. A Walk-in Clinic (or Emergency Room) is usually a good place to start. If you do not seek medical attention within 14 days of an accident, you may forfeit your Florida “No-Fault” Benefits, which pay 80% of your medical bills up to $10,000 (if auto accident). Please understand, however, that even if you do not seek medical attention in the first 14 days, you can absolutely still pursue a claim for personal injury. It will just make the process more difficult. Do not worry though, as we have experience in dealing with these types of issues.
- Call Jerry Jaramillo & Associates at (813) 871-3074 for a FREE CONSULTATION
- Do not discuss your case with anyone until you speak to an attorney (this includes NOT posting on social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or Snapchat)
WHY WORK WITH US?
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by all the legal options or intimidated by an uncaring insurance company, rest assured that we will be on your side. You have an equally frightening law firm ready to fight for your rights. Check out why you should call us now:
- Our lead attorney has 20 years of experience in the insurance claims field.
- Jerry Jaramillo is a member of the Million Dollar Advocate Forum, which only 1% of lawyers are apart of.
- Jerry Jaramillo has represented thousands of auto accident claims.
- If we don’t get you compensation, you owe us no fees.