MAKE AN INSURANCE CLAIM AFTER A TRUCK ACCIDENT
Jerry Jaramillo & Associates Should Be YourOnly Call!
Unfortunately, if you were involved in an accident with a big-rig or eighteen-wheeler, there is a high chance you were seriously injured or your car is seriously damaged (if not completely totaled). Jerry Jaramillo & Associates has years of experience dealing with massive insurance carriers for appropriate compensation. Here are just a few reasons we can benefit you:
- Jerry Jaramillo is experienced in the insurance claims field and has handled hundreds of catastrophic claims.
- Jerry Jaramillo is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocate Forum, which only about 1% of lawyers are a part of.
- Jerry Jaramillo cares about his community and state. He dedicates hours of uncompensated time to pro bono work.
We are committed to getting our clients the payments they deserve, especially when they are dealing with severe physical injuries. If you were involved in a big truck accident, call Jerry Jaramillo & Associates today. We care about your needs more than we care about getting paid, so you don’t pay us fees if we don’t win.
DID YOU SUFFER FROM A TRUCKING ACCIDENT?
Big-rigs provide necessary transportation for many resources around the nation. The massive trucking industry is responsible for transporting and delivering crucial supplies around the United States. The smallest disruption in their schedule can have devastating effects on a variety of industries, especially the food, manufacturing, and health care industries. Millions of huge trucks drive all over American roads at any given point in the day. Unfortunately, this can cause massive accidents that result in severe personal injury and property damage.
In 2008, The National Highway Traffic Safety Association reported 380,000 trucking accidents. 4,066 of these accidents resulted in fatalities.
This is not to demean truck drivers. They are regular people who make mistakes. However, serious accidents happen when a truck driver is negligent, meaning he drives too many hours without rest, drives while intoxicated, or drives while texting. These dangerous behaviors can cause huge pile-ups and injure anyone in their path.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?
- Take photographs of the scene where the incident occurred.
- Call 911 and wait for the police to arrive on scene so that they may properly document the incident.
- Make sure to get a copy of the “Driver Exchange of Information”. This is typically filled out by the police officer on scene and contains vital information about the accident such as the at-fault driver’s name, address, and insurance information
- Do NOT leave the scene without the at-fault driver’s name, license plate number, and insurance information – Even if you feel the damage to your car was minimal or you are not in pain at the scene, you must always get the other driver’s information. There may be internal damage to your vehicle that may not reveal itself right away. Further, there may be physical injury to your body that may not reveal itself to you right away. An accident is a traumatic event. Traumatic events typically cause us to an experience an adrenaline rush which masks the symptoms of physical injury, the primary symptom being pain. Often, victims of accidents do not feel pain at the scene right away. Instead, later that day, the next morning, or even later that week (or month), may be when victims first begin to feel pain, after the adrenaline rush finally wears off.
- If physically injured, seek medical attention right away. Even if you do not feel pain at the scene, you owe it to yourself to get checked out by a doctor. A Walk-in Clinic (or Emergency Room) is usually a good place to start. If you do not seek medical attention within 14 days of an accident, you may forfeit your Florida “No-Fault” Benefits, which pay 80% of your medical bills up to $10,000. Please understand, however, that even if you do not seek medical attention in the first 14 days, you can absolutely still pursue a claim for personal injury. It will just make the process more difficult. Do not worry though, as we have experience in dealing with these types of issues.
- Call Jerry Jaramillo & Associates at (813) 871-3074
- Do not discuss your case with anyone until you speak to an attorney (this includes NOT posting on social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or Snapchat)
Here are what makes us different
from other insurance law firms:
- Our attorneys have years of practice defending victims
- We focus on your case, so you can focus on recover and healing
- We have thousands of satisfied clients across Florida.