JERRY JARAMILLO AND ASSOCIATES, P.A. IN TAMPA, FLORIDA CAN HELP YOU
Florida law requires business owners to make sure their customers and visitors are safe. If you were physically injured at a location—such as an apartment, hotel or motel, restaurant, bar, apartment complex, shopping center, mall, or other public area—you may have a negligent security claim.
We may be able to prove that the owner should have known about and prevented the potential danger.
BUSINESS AND PROPERTY OWNER RESPONSIBILITY
The law states that anyone who invites guests or customers onto his or her property has certain responsibilities for the safety of those invited guests. Customers of a business establishment or guests of residents of an apartment complex are considered invited guests under Florida Law. Property or business owners have a duty to protect those invited guests from foreseeable criminal acts.
- Business owners are required, under Florida law, to be aware of prior crime in the area. When an area has had significant criminal activity in the past, the owner must provide security, such as sufficient lighting, locked gates, or in some instances, a security guard.
- Property owners have a responsibility to ensure that safety hazards are not present on their properties. For example, homeowners who have pools must take steps to prevent children from entering the pool area without adult supervision.
Whether you tripped on a broken step or fell down a poorly lit stairwell, we are here to help you recover compensation for pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses resulting from someone else’s failure to provide a safe and secure environment.
Here are what makes us different
from other insurance law firms:
- Our attorneys have years of practice defending victims
- We focus on your case, so you can focus on recover and healing
- We have thousands of satisfied clients across Florida.